In the Area
Evergreen is quiet neighborhood in the middle of everything you need.
Evergreen residents are fortunate to be served by three outstanding schools:
Mountain Park Park
Mountain Park Park features seven baseball/softball fields, a football field overlay, a concession building, restrooms, six lighted tennis courts, a picnic pavilion, two playgrounds, an enhanced mulch trail, and a 1.0-mile paved multi-purpose trail.
Mountain Park Aquatic Center
The Mountain Park Aquatic Center is brand new, and just minutes from either neighborhood. From swimming laps, playing on the aquatic playground, or participating in a recreation program, the Mountain Park Aquatic Center & Activity Building offers something for everyone. The Aquatic Center features three pools, including a 25-yard by 25-meter indoor competition/lap pool, an indoor instructional pool, and an outdoor leisure pool. Two giant slides, a rain bucket, water sprays, a bubble bench, a lazy river and other play features make the outdoor pool a children’s paradise. The site also includes a 6,000-square-foot Activity Building ideal for a wide range of programs, classes and private rentals.
Stone Mountain Park
Located on 3,200 acres of natural beauty, Stone Mountain Park features a wide variety of fun family activities and things to do in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Amazing adventures await as you discover interactive children’s attractions. Plus you’ll not want to miss such fun annual events as the Yellow Daisy Festival or the Indian Pow Wow. Stone Mountain activities are suitable for all ages:
- Explore a 4-story barn and a 3-story tree house.
- Take a skyride to the top of Stone Mountain and get an up-close look at the Stone Mountain Carving; take a scenic train ride around the mountain; or enjoy a paddlewheel riverboat cruise on Stone Mountain Lake.
- Stay at the Marriott Stone Mountain Inn or Evergreen Marriott resort, or spend the night in a tent or your RV at the largest Georgia campground.
- Let Stone Mountain plan and host your company picnic or family reunion at a covered outdoor pavilion.
- End your day at the world’s largest laser light show featuring a fantastic fireworks finale!
Mountain Park Library
The Mountain Park Library is within easy walking distance, and right next to Mountain Park Park. The library system features a full range of services including online reservations and renewals.
- Gwinnett Library Website: http://www.gwinnettpl.org
- Mountain Park Branch Info: http://www.gwinnettpl.org/directions/dir-MPK.htm